We all love the meme that salad is telling jokes. In honor of the dish that makes all the stock photo people crack up here are our top 10 Salad and Veggie Jokes (drum roll please):
10) What did the artichoke say to the man eating a salad?
Have a heart.
9) What do you do with epileptic lettuce?
You make a seizure salad!
8) What did the father tomato say to the baby tomato whilst on a family walk?
7) Why did the tomato get embarrassed?
Because it saw the chick pea
6) Knowledge is knowing Tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
5) Where did the carrot go to have a few drinks?
The Salad Bar!
4) What’s a vegetable’s favorite casino game?
3) Why did the cabbage win the race?
Because it was ahead!
2) How do you make a gold salad?
You put 24 carrots in it
1) What did the priest shout at the salad bar?
….we’ll be here all week! Now for a wonderful salad recipe:
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup Caesar salad croutons
1) In a bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper, chill (we mean chill the dressing not chill out)
2) Toss romaine, tomatoes, cheeses, almonds, and bacon in a large bowl (mmmm…bacon)
3) Top salad with dressing and croutons and serve