Eggplant 🍆 and peach 🍑 emojis are popular. Really popular. Is it from fond memories of bland eggplant parm served up by a lunch lady with a light mustache in middle school? Is it because of the 1995 song 🎶 “Peaches” by alternative rock band, The Presidents of the United States of America 🇺🇸? The world 🌎 may never know.
One thing we do know is next time you send the 🍆🍑 emoji and want to Netflix and Chill 🍿+❄ you may want to serve more than just 🍌 or 🌮 to prove to someone they’re your ride 🎢 or die ☠. That’s why we came up with our devilishly 😈 good 🍆 and 🍑 recipe. As far as what happens after you eat, don’t worry… 🙈🙉🙊
Before we get to our fried eggplant 🍆 and peach 🍑 salsa 💃 recipe, in Newdie Mag 🙌 style, let’s first discuss some fun facts about 🍆🍑
1) According to Emojipedia, as many as 93% of tweets using 🍑 have nothing to do with peaches. Not surprisingly, it is most commonly paired with the 🍆 emoji
2) Eggplant seeds contain nicotine. Don’t worry though, you would have to eat 20 pounds of eggplant to match the amount of nicotine in one cigarette 🚬. The nicotine in the seeds give them a bitter taste.
3) Originating in China, the peach has special significance in ancient Chinese culture. Peaches are a symbol of immortality 👻 and unity 👫. Brides in China often carry peach blossoms
4) Eggplants grow quickly with high temperatures 🌡 in the summer ☀. They are usually harvested just sixty days after planting.
5) The saying “you’re a peach” came from the tradition of giving a peach to someone you like 😍.
6) Eggplant is often substituted for meat in vegetarian dishes 🥗 because of its texture and taste.
7) The average life span of a peach tree 🌳 is 12 years. They are often pruned to a height of 10-12 feet 👣.
8) Eggplants aren’t vegetables. They are a fruit and belong to the nightshade 😎 family, like tomatoes 🍅. Botanically they are classified as a berry.
9) The peach is also known as the Persian apple 🍎.
Fried eggplant 🍆 and peach salsa 🍑💃 recipe:
1 eggplant, sliced, 1/2 rounds, leaving skin on
2 eggs 🥚
2 cups Italian breadcrumbs 🍞
1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese 🧀
1⁄4 cup dried parsley
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste 👅
2 cups vegetable oil
1) Spread eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle generously with salt. Let sit for one hour so that eggplant “sweats out” any bitterness 🚬. Pat 👐 dry. Prepare salsa 💃 while eggplant sweats out.
2) In a small bowl, beat 🥊 the eggs. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs 🍞, parmesan 🧀, parsley, and garlic. Dredge each slice of eggplant in egg mixture coating 🧥 it thoroughly, then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to help them stick. Let coated 🧥 eggplant sit for 10 minutes.
3) Heat oil in skillet 🍳 to 375 degrees. Fry the eggplant slices for 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel-lined baking sheet. Top with peach salsa and serve.
3 large peaches, seeded, peeled and diced
2 small tomatoes 🍅, diced
1 medium jalapeno 🌶, seeded and diced
1 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
Salt and pepper, to taste 👅
1) In a large bowl 🍜, combine all ingredients and stir until mixed well. Chill ❄ while completing fried eggplant 🍆.